8/13/13

Quick review on the summer and early fall football

Hey everyone,

Took some time off to work on some things in personal sector of my life.

I want to catch up on some things I have gotten to watch at the recent NMSU football practice.

I have only made it to two practices so far and missed the scrimmage.
NMSU has lost not one, but two QB's. First Andrew Manley has chosen to tranfser and went to Eastern Illinois. The second QB is not really a loss, but the coaching staff has moved Travaun Colwell to WR spot with the loss of Austin Franklin due to grades/red shirt.

Andrew McDonald moves to #1 on the depth chart and they move KD3 (King Davis III) to second on the chart. Colwell is moved to 3 but I could see something out of Barry Coffman, a walk on from Albuquerque area to battle for a spot. He looks in shape, some athletic ability. I did not get to see him throw much but has a little zip to the ball. I will also add that he is tall, 6'3.

Colwell made some pretty good catches and used his length to grab a high ball and come down with it while being covered tight during some O vs D situationals.

Another player that stands out and got my attention right away is OL #71 Dustin Lamb. He stands at 6'4 and built like a bunker wall. He is not very fast of course but watching him in some TE blocking drills I saw him just stand there and hold off blocks with out even having to back pedal or keep his feet moving. He got the TE's wore out pretty quick. I also kept an eye on him while doing OL drills. He needs some work, getting a little stronger in the weight room and some footwork and he will be a big time linemen for the Aggies.

The coaching staff has really gotten this team together. All the players are looking forward to this season.. and as they say #TheBestHomeScheduleEver


Also I would like to do a piece for the blog and the twitter account.

I am looking for your submissions for a top ten things to do before college football season starts.

So please send in your submissions to twitter @3rdAndCrimson or use #3ACtop10

I will be releasing the top ten one week before the 31st of August.



2 comments:

  1. Will you make a win/loss prediction before the season starts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on doing a quick review of all the conferences. Which will include predictions. I meant to do that during the summer but got caught up with some things.

    ReplyDelete